Whew, I'm so glad that week is over with. I was in a Funk all week. Funk with a capital "F". I have no clue what my problem was. I was grumpy, didn't exercise, didn't eat that great, and so on. But, I woke up this morning and feel a lot better. So on to a new week!
The scale seems to be down this morning though, thankfully. I have one of those scales that never gives me the same reading twice in a row, so I end up hopping on and off about 5 times to get something I can work with. After 3 different readings this morning, I finally settled on the one that came up 3 times in a row after that.
I guess I should say that I started getting serious about my health and weight about a month ago. I was just back from a wonderful trip to Vegas and I was fully planning on starting back on Weight Watchers the next day. The night I got home, I was really short of breath and couldn't figure out why. It got so bad to the point where I called 911, because I was really scared and I was alone in my house (hadn't even picked up my dog yet!). The EMT's checked me out and couldn't find anything wrong. My BP was ok, my sugar was ok, I had 100% oxygen saturation in my blood, and they even did a little mini-EKG because I was freaking out that I was having a heart attack (I wasn't). But everything looked fine. I ended up going to the doctor the next day and they still couldn't find anything wrong. Took a chest x-ray and bloodwork and everything seems to be fine. I now think that I have a slight case of asthma and that night I had an asthma attack, which made me panic because I've never had that before.
Who knows. But, it made me really think about my health and realize that even though everything is ok now...cholesterol, sugar, etc., it's not going to be in 10 years if I keep on going the way I'm going. I've abused my body long enough that it's time to start treating it with the respect that it deserves.
In the past month I've lost 10 lbs. I'm hoping this week is going to be another loss! I want to lose about 85 lbs. total, but I'm really not looking at the big picture yet. I really just want to feel better and be healthy. I need to focus on making this a lifestyle change and not just try to lose weight really fast so that I look good. I know that doesn't work for me. I'm not concerned with how long it's going to take, just that I know I'm headed in the right direction.
Whew, long post! Thanks for reading :)
3 years ago

YAY! So glad you're ok, but sometimes we need those JOLTS to make us realize something is wrong and we need to change.
ReplyDelete