Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Re-focus

I find myself slipping a little bit lately. I am not paying attention to what I'm eating as I have in the past month or so. I'm not sure why this is....my guess is that I'm getting bored. This is the reason that I am not following Weight Watchers to a T -- because I know me and I know I get bored with one thing after too long. I figured that if I just was smart about what I ate and "loosely" tracked points, basically had a general idea of what I was eating, I would be ok. I think that it's now time to re-focus my efforts and start following the plan a little better.

I previously had been doing really well with getting in the fruits and veggies, whole grains, dairy, etc...but again, I've been slacking. Also, I haven't been exercising regularly. I did very well this weekend, but decided to skip yesterday (for no reason other than I had 2 margaritas and didn't feel like it).

I also wanted to share that in the past week or so, my boyfriend and I have been having some troubles. I know this is directly related to why I have been slacking on taking care of myself. I need to switch that up though!! Instead of negatively effecting (affecting? I never know) how I take care of myself, I should just use the bad times as motivation to BETTER take care of me!

In a moment of weakness on Saturday, out of boredom and feeling a bit depressed, I got a frozen pizza from the store. In the old days, I would eat most, if not all, of the pizza. Saturday I had one piece. I was full after one piece. I recognized that I was going to binge, but I stopped myself because I was full. I think this is a good thing, and maybe my issue with binging is going by the wayside! I am doing very well with eating when I am hungry and stopping when I am full. I think that's a good start.

I'm going to focus this week on tracking better and making smarter decisions. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I do with you luck, and it sounds like you are getting refocused in a good healthy way.

    One thing I learned along my own personal journey to lose 150 pounds, was that it was really important to learn to continue making my good choices even through adversity.

    Not lightly said there - it's really hard!

    Best wishes,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!

    It's great that you had the power to turn away after just one slice of pizza. And I bet, even on the day you decided "I've had two margaritas, I'm not counting," you did far better than you would've pre-diet.

    You can do this Candy. I believe in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I found myself getting bored, I knew it was time to find some new foods, a new book, and / or a new exercise. Finding new things has been a key to keeping me on track. Change up a few things in your daily routine and see if it helps. I hope it will!

    ReplyDelete