I've been reading a lot of blogs lately, and I really wanted to start one of my own. I am so inspired by people that share aspects of their struggles so candidly, and I hope that my blog will help me along in my journey, and maybe inspire someone out there like me!
So, where do I begin? I want to get healthy. I've struggled with my weight for my entire life. I've seen the home video from when I was 4 years old and my aunt picked me up and said, "Wow, they've got to stop feeding you!" I've endured ridicule and I've ignored it, but I still remember all those hurtful words. I feel the difference in the way I'm treated since I'm a "big girl". I want to enjoy my life, and I feel very held back by my weight and my lack of self-confidence.
I want to be healthy. I want to be able to run around the bases on a softball diamond without feeling like I'm going to die. I want to want to take the dog on a walk instead of feeling like I have to. I don't ever want to deal with the diabetes that runs on both sides of my family. And most of all, I want to be comfortable in my own skin.
How will I do this? I've lost weight before with Jenny Craig, but I don't think that's reasonable and it's too expensive for me. I've done Weight Watchers for years on and off, and have been most successful with that program (when I actually stick to it), so that's my plan for now. I think I have a pretty good grasp on what to eat and nutrition, it's just realizing that I have to combine this with exercise and coming to terms with the fact that I have to do this for the rest of my life. There is no other way.
Welcome to my blog.
4 years ago

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wish you well on your journey! The fear of diabetes was one of the reasons I started my journey as well. The blogging has made a tremendous difference in my journey, the support is amazing. We're all in it together, and it helps so much to read other's journeys!
ReplyDeleteThank you :) Congrats on your successes!
ReplyDelete