I spent the past two weekends doing projects around my house and yard. I've been searching for matching bedside tables that wouldn't cost me a fortune, and I finally found some at Wal-mart. I love them! I spent a couple hours on Saturday assembling these babies, and I think I did a pretty good job! I also (finally!!) hung some prints that I've had sitting around for at least 6 months. Here's a picture of the final product:

I have also been working in my yard. It's a mess! Last summer I pulled up a lot of bushes and such, but I just haven't had a chance to re-plant anything...so as you can see, it was overgrown with weeds! That's my little doggie in there too....I think she was a little bewildered by the overgrowth!

I planted 2 Rose of Sharon plants (they're already flowering now with big beautiful white flowers) and some purple mums in the front. Here's the finished product!

I know it doesn't look like much, but I usually would just pay to have someone do this for me (I hate yardwork) or call the BF or brother to put stuff together for me. I decided this time to do it myself! And I'm proud of my work.
I am finding that since I feel more in control of my eating and my health, I have a lot more enthusiasm and such for projects like these. I gotta get it into my mind to "just do it!" I think that will take me places! Man, Nike was smart when they came up with that slogan.
Oh, and to the second part of my post title....my hamstrings were SO SORE from pulling weeds and planting! I looked like an old lady trying to hobble around :) But that kind of sore is a good kind, I don't mind it one bit.
beautiful work...My hammies hurt today too. Last night I did legs in my lifting routine...and it hurts to get up out of my chair and to climb stairs!! The lifting and working out is paying off though...my muscles are getting big.
ReplyDeleteI love the color scheme in your bedroom! I wish I could design things half as well.
ReplyDeleteWeeding is hard work. And the final result looks fabulous. Way to go!