Thursday, January 14, 2010

Biggest Loser Bootcamp

My mom got me this DVD two Christmasses (sp) ago. Before tonight, it was still in the wrapper. Well, I finally decided to not have to sheepishly make up some story to tell her why I hadn't worked out with it yet, whenever she asks, which she does a lot. I'm ashamed to say that I thought this was hard. Not quite as hard as the 30 Day Shred (I always knew I liked Bob better), but for me it was still hard. This has quite a bit to do with the fact that I haven't worked out in, oh, AGES. I don't remember the last time I had a good cardio workout. I actually wouldn't even classify this as total cardio either, there was a lot of strength training involved. I know this because I can feel it in my shoulders. But regardless, I'm ashamed because of how weak and complacent I have become. I'm ashamed and embarrassed that after a short 20 minute workout I was feeling rather ill. It's discouraging to me, because I don't like to feel this way. But, it's also motivating because I know I can do better and I know what being in shape feels like, and I miss it.

So rather than letting tonight discourage me, I'm going to fight to get back the endurance and strength I once had. I won't put this workout dvd back in it's wrapper. I might even try Jillian's 30 day shred again this week. I want to once again feel wonderful after a hard workout. I miss that. I WILL get it back.

On the nutrition side of things, I've done so well this week. Points wise, everything is falling into place and I've stuck to WW all week. I've had lots of fruit and even veggies every single night this week for dinner, shocking, I know! Looking to make it a great weekend too. I'm in the "trying really hard to save some money so I'm not so broke every other week" mode so it will be a low-key weekend where I'll probably cook dinner for the boyfriend. And when I cook, I can control what we eat so it will be healthy.

Oh and I still haven't cut up that pineapple. I will probably get to that Saturday sometime!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about being discouraged and embarressed about being able to compelte a workout..... I think we have all been there. The important thing to remember is the more that you do it, the easier it will get. You will kick that DVD's butt in no time (=

    Have a happy Firday!

    ReplyDelete